Aug 8, 2008

The Acquisition of Thangs

I'll get to the cute shit purchased first & save the dirty stuff for last. I finally found a new tote (I had been borrowing Katya's cherished tote from some art museum in NY). It's really cute and was only $12! It looks like a picture from the cover of a old Vogue.



I found a new dress at this little hole in the wall that just opened on Broadway called Yellowbean. I have'nt decided if I'm wearing it to the Vunt Foom show on Sunday or saving it for Cornerstone...probably the latter, one can never look fabulous enough at Cornerstone. I have to find some earrings that match it though.





I didn't buy it, but I found this retro hat box amoungst all the shit that dwells in the Grandma's home and have dubbed it my new memory box. Threw all my baby pictures, concert tickets, movie stubs etc. into it. It has good colors too and will match the decor of my imagined apt. nicely.






I've been starved (or dehydrated?) of tea until yesterday. I drink loose leaf Chinsese teas and my favorites are pricey but I was finally able to afford some and picked up some grade A Wen Shan Bao Zhong and some flowery jasmine pearls at Teahouse KuanYin in Wallingford (such a cute part of the city!). Very tasty...


Onward to dirty thangs that compliment dirtier deeds I went on two trips to Babeland (the best sex boutique in WA and probably in the states)and made several purchases including a riding crop, weights, lube and some cute novelty bullshit. I have to say the weights have proven to be by far the most entertaining of the bunch. They're called Smartballs and they're supposed to work out the muscles one uses to clench and other such delicious things. They're so fun! I wear them to work everyday now. They have an inner weight that jiggles around when you walk and it reminds me of Tom Robbin's character Tanuki from Villa Incognito and his pla-bonga-ing. I call them my Tanuki balls (as Tanuki's are known for their large testicles). I think they'ed be fun to jog with if I such atheletic inclintions (which I of course, do not). The crop has not been tested yet...i'll report back on that one, I will say that it has a nice bite to it though...

Tata...

0 comments: